Are you mooched that you can’t lay your hands on the Windows 8.1 ISO file since you don’t have an MSDN account. Well, a token of thanks to an easy trivial trick and you too can join the wagon of cool kids and lay your hands on the ISO to make your own installation media of Windows 8.1. This trick is pretty useful if you want to update several machines because without doing the upcoming steps, you will have to download the Windows 8.1 files on each machine, but with this trick, you only have to download them a single time.
The trick, which is really pretty easy and elaborated below, and it allows for you to make your own media to install Windows 8.1 afterwards without
having to install a former version of Windows 8 first.
1) Visit the link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only
2) Scroll down and click on Install Windows 8. This will actuate the installer assistant).
3) Enter your Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro or Windows 8 Upgrade product key, affirm that you would be downloading the pieces for the version you paid for.
1)As soon as the os starts downloading, shut down the installer assistant from the (X) button in the top-right corner.
2) Head back to the Microsoft Windows upgrade page, click Install Windows 8.1, and download the latest installer assistant.
3) execute the newer install assistant.
4) When the download is finished, you can opt to install the OS right-then, or you can choose the option: Install by creating media. This option will give you
the option to create a USB/DVD media.
5) Select USB drive if you want to install the installation files to a USB stick or choose the ISO choice if you want to obtain the ISO.
This will also solve the “Insert Media: Some files are missing…” problem while utilizing Refresh your PC or Remove everything in Windows 8.1.